A comprehensive range of resources are available to help our area's youth manuever the steps to improve their education and skill competencies and to better prepare for successful employment.
- Explore your interests and abilities
- Explore careers
- Develop a career plan to acquire the knowledge, skills and abilities for your chosen career path
An individual plan of services is developed for each youth to meet their unique needs for education and/or career goals. Strategies used vary depending on the needs of younger and older youth, both in-school and out-of-school.
Services that may be available
- Re-enrollment in school
- Credit recovery
- GED preparation and completion
- Job preparation assistance
- Skills training for employability
- Paid work experience
- Transportation assistance
- College/career development counseling
- Scholarship/financial aid application assistance
- Business and industry tours
- Adult mentoring
To discuss these and other services available for youth please contact a youth services representative at Michigan Works!
Goodwill Industries of Central Michigan's Heartland
Branch County Service Center
Calhoun County Service Center
Kalamazoo County Service Center
St. Joseph County Service Center